At our February meeting we will be doing last minute preps for our upcoming Spring Grafting Show. There are scions that still need to be labeled. Bring your scions too, and we can make labels for them. We will be teaching hands-on grafting with knives supplied and plenty of wood to practice on. For anyone who wants to work at the cashier’s table, there will be training with our new Square reader that will enable us to take credit cards, Google Pay, and Apple Pay. There will be flyers to hand out to members to post in the community and bookmarks to put in the libraries. Sounds like a busy meeting! Come and help at the Sheridan Community Center, 680 Lebo Blvd., Bremerton at 7 pm, Thursday, February 13.
- SCFS Mtg – Thurs, June 10, 7-9pm “Raspberry nutrition – A tale of chemistry and biology” w/ Qianwen Lu
- SCFS Mtg – Thurs, May 13, 7-9pm Food Preservation w/ Stephanie Hagarty
- STFS zoom-only meeting Saturday May 15th 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM featuring author Ann Ralph talks about Grow a Little Fruit Tree: Simple Pruning Techniques for Small-Space, Easy-Harvest Fruit Trees
- STFS sells extreme maggot barriers
- STFS online meeting Saturday April 17th 10 AM to noon via zoom featuring Griffin Berger, Sauk Farm Operations Manager, sharing his experience with successful organic commercial fruit production in western Washington
September 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30