Snohomish County Fruit Society was formed in January 2012. We meet on a monthly basis from September to June to learn about fruit related topics and become better home orchardists and fruit growers. We are a new but growing club that is already seeing a lot of fruit. To find out more information about our club, visit our website at http://snohomishcfs.wordpress.com/ or on Facebook at SCFS on Facebook
A taste of past events…
- Pruning & Grafting workshop and potluck
- Applied for and received grant funding to conduct research on trap design and bait longevity for spotted wing drosophila, a recently arrived pest to the PNW that lays eggs in ripening soft fruits.
- Booth at the Celebration of Food Festival
- Booth at the Evergreen State Fair
- Tours to local farms
- Cider making party for members and their guests
- Monthly talks about variety of fruit topics such as grafting, Belgian fences, pest management, native berries, irrigation, canning, storing fruit, drying fruit, fruit tree disease, specific fruits like blueberries, pears, tomatoes, melons and more!
LOCATION: Snohomish County
MEETINGS: 7:00 p.m. 2nd Thursday each month
Snohomish Boys & Girls Club, 402 2nd St, Snohomish Washington
WEBSITE: SCFS Website, SCFS on Facebook